Post new topic   Reply to topic    Eternal Destiny Forum Index -> Public Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brethaniel
Officer

re: Fun with pots and pans.

Hello kinnies,

Everyone knows how "good" of a cook I am, so I thought; why not start a cooking/ recipes topic.
Sometimes I feel like out of idea's and have no clue on what to make for dinner. This topic may
help to give you an inspiration boost for your breakfast, lunch or dinner. I will start:

Salmon pasta:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
-
2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 500ml skimmed milk
- 60g grated Pecorino Romano cheese (can be any kind of cheese I assume)
- 150g frozen garden peas, thawed and drained
- 1 small tin mushrooms, drained
- 300g smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 (500g) packet penne pasta

1) Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2) Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Saute onion in butter until tender.
3) Stir flour and garlic granules into the butter and onions. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to just below boiling point, and then gradually stir in cheese until the sauce is smooth. Stir in peas and mushrooms, and cook over low heat for 4 minutes.
4) Toss in smoked salmon, and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve over pasta.

This is the link to the website, they also have different idea's of how to make pasta more interesting:
http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipes/tag-4501/salmon-pasta-recipes.aspx

Brethaniel.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Eternal Destiny Forum Index -> Public Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum